The Senix ultrasonic level sensor measures distance to the surface of water, allowing accurate measurement of water level.
As part of an Observant system, the device can be used to:
- Display current and historical water level.
- Trigger alarms on preset high or low water levels.
- Automate pump operation to keep a tank or other water storage full.
Observant Global view of water level data from the Senix ToughSonic sensor:
Observant product codes:
Item 00761, Product Code L-S15
Description: Senix ultrasonic level sensor with 15.2 meter range. Rugged, small form factor, non contact level sensing ideal for longer range water level sensing applications such as dams and rivers.
Item 00760, Product Code L-S4
Description: Senix ultrasonic level sensor with 4.3 meter range. Rugged, small form factor, non contact level sensing ideal for all water level applications; tank, dam, channel, bay.
Water level monitoring in tanks, dams, turkeys nests* or channels
*Australian a small earth dam adjacent to, and higher than, a larger earth dam, to feed water by gravity to a cattle trough, etc. — Collins English Dictionary
For a detailed illustrated guide, see Installation Guide — C3 Tank Level Monitoring Kit.
These notes must be observed when installing the sensor. Failure to observe them can result in and inaccurate or erratic measurement of the water level.
- The sensor must be mounted facing directly downwards, with an unobstructed view of the water surface
- The sensor must be mounted away from the tank wall or any other obstruction. Clearance from the sensor to the tank wall must be a minimum of 15% of the tank height. For example, if mounted in a tank whose total height is 3m (9ft10in) then the sensor must be mounted at least 45cm (18in) away from the tank wall.
The sensor is supplied with a 4-pin connector appropriate to the Observant C3.
A detailed manufacturer's user manual is may be found here.
In advanced installations, the sensor's bare wires can be connected to an Observant C3 RS485 port directly:
|Port terminal||Wire colour|