This error can be identified from Monitor.
It can also be identified in Manage Equipment:
"Communications timed out waiting for device response" will be reported if one of the following is true:
- Cable is not connected properly to the device or field unit.
- The sensor is not plugged into the configured Port: You can check the configuration of the sensor from Manage Equipment. See this article for more details. Refer to the relevant Technical Note to see which port the sensor should be plugged into.
- Cabling to sensor is damaged or the cable is not the correct type: This article has more information about cables. Furthermore,
- Ensure that the correct type of interface cable is used.
- Inspect the cable for any damage
- Even if damage is not apparent from external inspection, in order to rule out this possibility, the cable should be replaced with a test cable that is known for sure to work.
- The sensor has failed electrically and is not responding: One way to test this would be to replace the device with one that is known for sure to work.